Parenting for Excellence Class
You have big dreams for your young children, yet, when you look around, something feels very wrong. Pressure is mounting for even very young children to perform. You’ve begun to feel that your parenting is measured by your children’s success.
Looking for a better way?
“Parenting for Excellence: Helping Our Children Live From the Heart and Find Their Calling”
Mondays, March 5-26, 2012
2 p.m. CST
Let’s face it. The pace of life is rapidly increasing and we often find ourselves caught up in a rat race that squeezes the joy out of living.
Young parents are paying consultants to prepare resumes for toddlers so they can get into the right preschools, which lead to the right elementary schools, which funnel into college prep high schools, which hopefully leads to a top college berth. What often happens in the process?
- Young children are scheduled every minute of every day
- Parents pile activity upon activity thinking (wrongly) that it will make their kids more successful
- Life grows increasingly stressful
- Parents grasp at straws not knowing how to help their children
- Mom feels like a chauffeur
- Dad feels like an ATM machine
- Family connections grow weak
- Health is often compromised
It doesn’t have to be this way!
I wouldn’t have the courage to teach a class like this if I hadn’t lived through it on both sides of the fence.
You see, I grew up as a Resume Builder. I did it all. In fact, I’m embarrassed to share with you that I lived a life so out of control. In high school I was:
- High School Valedictorian
- Student Body President
- Local and County 4-H President
- All-State Athlete
- Columnist for the local newspaper
- Actor in the community theater troupe
- Musician – played piano, guitar, and sang in a music group
- Farm kid who drove a tractor all summer and cared for livestock
It gets worse!
In college, I was a member of no less than 16 organizations, president of two, and officer in ten. I was a member of 30 committees, 17 of which I chaired. I founded several organizations, met monthly with college deans in an advisory capacity, and traveled across the state representing my school. I was involved in college sports for one year, was the first Truman Scholar at my school, and was hired as a research team member while still an undergraduate (which was unheard of at the time). The plan was to build a watertight resume and I did that.
I came out of those grueling years highly decorated, but found that it was empty.
I had few close friends, no time to develop my inner life, and my faith was damaged. I didn’t know my siblings and I was utterly exhausted. But I plunged forward into a career and received many awards there, even juggling children and my career for about 6 years. My health finally broke and I came home full time to try to re-build my marriage, my relationship with my tiny children, and my life.
I had big dreams for my young children, but I would not allow them to duplicate the craziness of my youth.
- I took some huge risks with my family that violated popular wisdom:
- My children pursued very few activities
- We based their activities on what needed to happen in their life, not what colleges would be looking for
- Our family time was the most important thing to us
- We placed a premium on getting plenty or rest
The funny thing was that my laid-back children were much more successful than I was!
- Entry into highly competitive high school programs
- Acceptance at Ivy League Schools
- Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars in Scholarships for College and Graduate School
- Entry into Specialized College Programs
And you know what? They are happy, well-adjusted young adults who value their faith, their family, and their friends.
You need to know that I’ve been working with kids for over 30 years. As a Youth Development Specialist with one of my degrees in Family Relations and Child Development, I spent a decade helping 4-H students win state and national awards. I’ve worked with homeschool students for 18 years helping them develop public speaking and leadership skills.
Now I help families all over the world figure out how to lead more meaningful lives by understanding the hearts of their children and then guiding them to live authentically and intentionally. The child who truly lives from the heart is capable of amazing things.
I know kids and I’d like to share my secrets with you!
This class is especially designed for families with young children. In fact, the younger your student, the more you will benefit from learning how to make proactive decisions about how they spend their time. But don’t take my word for it. Listen to what class participants have to say:
“This is a class I wish I had taken when my son was 10 years old!! Being a person who continuously searches out information to improve the education of my children, this is honestly the most informative, thought-provoking, straightforward, detailed class I have ever taken. Not only does Jeannette cover an extensive amount of information, but she does it with such care and generosity. If you’re looking for an easy road, you won’t find it here! Jeannette will challenge you to set the bar high for your children to be all that The Lord created them to be. Jeannette’s services have provided much guidance down a path that was complicated and confusing to us. This class has truly been refreshing water for a weary soul.” ~Stefanie
“I have earnestly been praying over my children this week and God is using this class to change my heart. I can see that for many years I measured my success as a parent with the academic and social success of my children. I want to use a different measuring stick.” ~Debbie
“This class with Jeannette Webb has been thought provoking, enlightening, and inspirational. Jeannette’s depth and breadth of experience in counseling parents and students gives her a well of wisdom and practical ideas to draw from. Jeannette communicates sage advice using clear, thoughtful concepts accompanied by real world examples to help us envision how to put them into practice. I appreciate her friendly, approachable manner and sincere desire to serve her clients well.” ~Sue
What can you expect to receive from the 4 weeks you will invest?
I will start you on the journey of helping your child become all that God intended. My goal is to help you look at your student with honest eyes – to see who they are, who they could become, and what your role is in that process.
I’ll teach you how to:
Look for God at work in your child’s life
- Deal with weaknesses
- Push the envelope of their strengths
- Evaluate the quality of your family’s current activities
- Assess your parental tool kit
- Understand overload
- Develop leadership in your child
- Mastermind quality activities
- Learn how to keep track of activities of these great activities so you can properly present them later
Here’s how it works:
We will meet each week in a LIVE teleseminar that you can join via phone or on the web. You can ask questions in either format.
Class dates are:
- March 5
- March 12
- March 19
- March 26
We will meet at 2:00 p.m. CST each week
Time Zone Reference
- 12:00 – Pacific
- 1:00 – Mountain
- 2:00 – Central
- 3:00 – Eastern
- 4:00 – Atlantic
Immediately upon registering, you will receive:
- Parenting for Excellence 79 page e-book which includes your weekly reading for class plus homework (a $47 value)
- Links and call in details for all 4 weeks of class participation
- Called to Influence: A New Approach to Life, Education, and College Admissions, our popular ebook (a $21.95 value)
- PLUS BONUS – Seasons: An Honest Look at Homeschool Motherhood mp3 (a $19.95 value)
Each week you will be reminded the day of class via email.
Can’t make it one or all the scheduled classes? No problem! Everything is recorded and you will automatically receive copies of each class.
You can expect to spend between 2-3 hours a week on the homework section plus an hour in the teleseminar. It would be helpful to do these exercises with your spouse, but that is certainly not mandatory.
I’ve been through this process so many times – moms experience overwhelming relief to have found someone who understands, who has been there and done that. I’ve worked with profoundly gifted kids who excel at everything and students with normal intelligence that have a vivacity and sparkle that warm my heart. I’ve assisted LD kids, 2e (twice-exceptional) kids, science geeks, and ballerinas.
For only $97 you can begin the process of understanding what it takes to help your children develop their gifts, lead a relaxed life and still be successful.
Isn’t it time to get this figured out for your child?
NOTE: Please register an email you check frequently. All information pertaining to the course will be sent there. Thank you! It is an honor to serve you.
No Risk Guarantee – I am so convinced that you will love this course that you may ask for your money back any time. I’ll refund it, no questions asked!