Aiming Higher Consultants is an educational consulting firm dedicated to helping students gain admission to great colleges.
Our goal is to empower families to confidently navigate high school and the difficult college application process by providing as much or as little assistance as is needed. We work with any student (public, private, or homeschooled) applying to any competitive school or scholarship.
We want to help each student craft an incredible application and to find the best college fit – one that meets their academic, spiritual, and emotional needs.
We can provide help in the following areas:
- Comprehensive High School Plan: If you come to us early, we can help you develop a holistic plan for each student. Taking into account developmental and academic goals, we help you explore potential academic options, leadership, extracurricular activities, volunteer service, and work opportunities.
- College Options: We work with students to help them decide which institutions best meet their academic and personal needs.
- Marketing Strategy: Applying will be much easier and more likely to succeed with an overall strategy for how to present your student to colleges through the various parts of the application process. We help you identify student strengths, account for weaknesses, and weave it all into a powerful combination that can compete successfully at the top colleges.
- Essays: The college essay is one of the most important parts of the application. We help you think through essay topics and give your student advice as they craft their essays into final form.
- Applications: We review all application materials to make sure that they effectively present your student’s candidacy.
- Interviews: Through advice and practice interviews, we help your student develop talking points and hone interview skills so they can approach the most dreaded part of the application process with confidence.
- School Documents: If you homeschool, you will be responsible for documents that are normally provided by a high school, such as transcripts, school profiles, and counselor letters. Aiming Higher Consultants takes the guesswork out of this part of the college application process. We will help you craft neat, clear documents that will serve you well in applying to colleges and scholarship programs.
- Recommendations: Most applicants shortchange themselves by not taking full advantage of recommendations. We give you advice on how to pick and work with teachers to get the maximum value from the letter of recommendation. If you desire, we will also work directly with the recommender to help them.
- Resumes: While not always needed for the actual application process, resumes are useful for scholarship applications and college interviews. We will help you condense the high school experience into an effective marketing tool.
A partial list of colleges where our clients have been accepted:
Princeton, Harvard, Caltech, MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins University, The College of William and Mary, Reed, Carnegie Mellon, Rice, Washington University in St. Louis, Case Western Reserve University, Rochester Institute of Technology, Olin College of Engineering, Williams, Duke, California Polytechnic in San Louis Obispo, Northeastern, USC, Notre Dame, Boston University, New York University.
U.S. Air Force Academy, West Point, Annapolis.
University of Michigan, University of Virginia, University of Washington, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Michigan State, North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina, CU Boulder, Colorado College, University of Alabama, University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at Arlington, Indiana University Bloomington, University of Denver.
UCLA, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, UC Berkeley, UC Davis.
Smith, Tufts, Emory, Washington and Lee, Wake Forest, Grove City, Hillsdale, Baylor, Pepperdine, Vanderbilt, Amherst, Swarthmore, George Fox, Wellesley, George Mason University, George Washington University, Rutgers, Oberlin, Purdue, Susquehanna, Juniata, Gustavus Adolphus, Concordia College, Clemson, Santa Clara University, Houghton, Drexel, University of Rochester, Kenyon, Macalester College, Carleton, Bates, Rollins, Asbury, Miami University, American University.
Wheaton, University of Dallas, Hope, Loyola, Southern Methodist University, Catholic University of America, Calvin College, Luther, St. Olaf, Biola, University of the Pacific, Trinity College, Hope College.
Peabody Conservatory, San Francisco Conservatory.
We have two avenues to work with you on an individualized basis.
- Hourly Retainer – If you wish to work with a single consultant on an as-needed basis, we charge a 3-hour retainer up front and then keep track of the time you use in one minute increments. We are on call as you need us throughout high school and the college application process. Our past clients have averaged 7 hours total time as they worked with us through the four years of high school and then college applications. Our youngest clients are in 5th grade. To ensure that we can respond quickly to you, we limit the size of each graduating class. Contact us today to check availability. A member of our team will follow up with you shortly to answer any questions you might have. Private Consultation is by application only. You may call us at 580-593-2993 to discuss services and to check availability for your student. Or, we are happy to call you. Please click here to go to our contact page to send us contact information.
- Custom-designed Weekend – Harness the synergy of the whole Aiming Higher Consultants team in an amazing weekend designed specifically for your child! Contact us for available dates. We will follow up with you shortly to answer all your questions! Read more here.