- profiles of real people in real jobs and why that career works
- common threads found between these profiled
- career satisfaction means doing work that . . .
- popular occupations for each personality type in the fields of counseling, education, religion, creative, health care, social services, business, computers/technology, finance, professional, academic, sales, service, clerical, etc.
- customizing the job search
- pathways to success using your strengths
- possible pitfalls
- advice on keeping or changing your job
This kind of self-awareness in budding teens can help channel their skill development, give them ideas for the kinds of professionals or tradesmen to job shadow, help them know where to focus their research of careers, pick the colleges or apprenticeships that specialize in training for those particular careers, and ultimately move into a world of work that validates who they are and allows them the best chance of being successful both emotionally and professionally.