Aiming Higher Consultants is an educational consulting firm dedicated to helping students gain admission to great colleges.
My goal is to empower families to confidently navigate high school and the difficult college application process by providing as much or as little assistance as is needed. I work with any student (public, private, or homeschooled) applying to any competitive school or scholarship.
I want to help each child craft an incredible application and to find the best college fit – one that meets their academic, spiritual, and emotional needs.
I can provide help in the following areas:
- Comprehensive High School Plan: If you come to me early, I can help you develop a holistic plan for each student. Taking into account developmental and academic goals, I help you explore potential academic options, leadership, extracurricular activities, volunteer service, and work opportunities. I have particular expertise in helping those who want to homeschool high school.
- College Options: I work with students to help them decide which institutions best meet their academic and personal needs.
- Marketing Strategy: Applying will be much easier and more likely to succeed with an overall strategy for how to present your student to colleges through the various parts of the application process. I help you identify student strengths, account for weaknesses, and weave it all into a powerful combination that can compete successfully at the top colleges.
- Essays: The college application essay is one of the most important pieces of the application. I help you think through essay topics and give your student advice as they craft their essays into final form.
- Applications: I review all application materials to make sure that they effectively present your student’s candidacy.
- Interviews: Through advice and practice interviews, I help your student develop talking points and hone interview skills so they can approach the most dreaded part of the application process with confidence.
- School Documents: If you homeschool, you will be responsible for the School Report that is normally provided by a high school that contains the transcript, course descriptions, school profile, and counselor letter. Aiming Higher Consultants takes the guesswork out of this part of the college application process. I will help you craft a neat, clear record that will serve you well in applying to colleges and scholarship programs. Basically, I come alongside you to show you how to apply for college with professional school documents.
- Recommendations: Most applicants shortchange themselves by not taking full advantage of recommendations. I give you advice on how to pick and work with teachers to get the maximum value from the letter of recommendation. If you desire, I will also work directly with the recommender to help them.
- Resumes: While not always needed for the actual application process, resumes are useful for scholarship applications and college interviews. We will help you condense the high school experience into an effective marketing tool.
A partial list of colleges where my clients have been accepted:
Princeton, Harvard, Columbia, Yale, Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania
Caltech, MIT, Harvey Mudd, Carnegie Mellon, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Tennessee Tech, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, Olin College of Engineering, California Polytechnic in San Louis Obispo, Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University
University of Chicago, Stanford, Johns Hopkins University, The College of William and Mary, Reed, Rice, Washington University in St. Louis, Case Western Reserve University, Williams, Duke, Northwestern, Northeastern, USC, Boston College, Boston University, New York University
Georgetown, Smith, Tufts, Emory, Washington and Lee, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Amherst, Swarthmore, George Fox, Wellesley, Rhodes, George Mason University, George Washington University, Rutgers, Oberlin, Purdue, Susquehanna, Juniata, Gustavus Adolphus, Concordia College, Clemson, Drexel, University of Rochester, Kenyon, Macalester College, Carleton, Bates, Rollins, Asbury, Miami University, American University, Anderson University, University of Houston, Drew, Dickenson, University of San Francisco, Marist College, Willamette University, DePauw University, Lehigh University, Lafayette, Pomona College, Claremont KcKenna College, Brandeis University, Colorado College, Middlebury, Whitman, Emory, Gordon
Wheaton, Grove City, Hillsdale, Baylor, Notre Dame, Pepperdine, University of Dallas, Seattle Pacific, Hope, Loyola Marymount University, Southern Methodist University, Seattle University, Westmont, Catholic University of America, Calvin College, Luther, St. Olaf, Biola, University of the Pacific, Trinity College, Hope College, Pacific Lutheran, Creighton, Seton Hall, Houghton, Chapman, Santa Clara University, Saint Mary’s College, Azusa Pacific University, Villanova University
University of Michigan, University of Maryland, University of Virginia, University of Washington, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Texas A&M, University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Michigan State, North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina, CU Boulder, University of Alabama, Indiana University Bloomington, University of Denver, Washington State University, University of Portland, University of Arizona, Ohio State University, University of Mississippi, Penn State, University of Minnesota, Florida Southern College, College of New Jersey, University of Georgia, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University (B.S./M.D. program. University of California system: Berkeley, Los Angeles, San Diego, Davis, Irvine, Riverside, Santa Barbara, U.S. Air Force Academy, West Point, U.S. Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, Peabody Conservatory, San Francisco Conservatory, UK Blue Program
Your child deserves the best! If you are ready for an experienced consultant to join your team, contact me today.
I charge a three-hour minimum up front and then keep track of the time you use in one-minute increments. To ensure that I can respond quickly to my private clients, I limit the number of slots for graduating seniors each year. I am currently at capacity and not accepting new private clients.